Business and Website Privacy & Cookies Notice
This policy covers how Langton Homes Ltd and Langton Developments Ltd (all referred to as Langton Homes Ltd within this policy)
1. Introduction and General Terms
Langton Homes Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Langton Homes Ltd services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our clients and contacts. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- any Langton Homes Ltd website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- social media or official Langton Homes Ltd content on other websites;
- mobile device and Applications (“Apps”);
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of Langton Homes Ltd services we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains:
- what information Langton Homes Ltd may collect about you;
- how Langton Homes Ltd will use information we collect about you;
- when Langton Homes Ltd may use your details to contact you;
- whether Langton Homes Ltd will disclose your details to anyone else
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- how you can change the way we hold and use your personal information.
Whenever you provide personal information, we are legally obliged to use it in line with all applicable laws concerning its protection, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the "data protection regulations”).
2. Who are we?
Langton Homes Ltd is a UK based property development company building quality new homes and undertaking renovations.
Langton Developments Ltd are a specialist in the purchase, promotion and delivery of land for development.
3. What information will Langton Homes Ltd collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Langton Homes Ltd’s services, activities or online content we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth.
4. How will Langton Homes Ltd use the information it collects about me?
Langton Homes Ltd will use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to analyse the information you supply as well as your activity on our (and other) services so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service where we provide personalised services;
- to use IP addresses and device identifiers so we can identify the location of users, block disruptive use, establish the number of visits from different countries and determine whether or not you are accessing the services from the UK;
- for analysis and research purposes so that we can improve the services offered by Langton Homes Ltd. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources where this helps us;
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where Langton Homes Ltd proposes using your personal information for any other use we will ensure that we notify you first. Please see section 18 for details.
5. Your Langton Homes Ltd Newsletter Request
If you fill out our ‘sign up to our newsletter’ form online your details will be added to our CRM system so we can effectively manage your enquiry.
You will be added as a subscriber to our newsletter emails. You can unsubscribe from these at any point using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of those emails.
6. When will Langton Homes Ltd contact me?
Langton Homes Ltd may contact you:
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Langton Homes Ltd products or services;
- in relation to any services you are using;
- to update you on any material changes to Langton Homes Ltd’s policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section 7.
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Langton Homes Ltd will only send you marketing communications where you have agreed to this. We offer occasional emails, to let you know about Langton Homes Ltd initiatives and services. We may personalise the message content based on any information you have provided to us and on your use of Langton Homes Ltd platforms.
8. Will Langton Homes Ltd share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within Langton Homes Ltd except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 9.
We may share your information across Langton Homes Ltd.
Sometimes Langton Homes Ltd uses third parties to process your information on our behalf for example to provide services or analysis. Langton Homes Ltd requires these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and Langton Homes Ltd requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in that way.
9. Offensive or inappropriate content on Langton Homes Ltd websites
If you post or send content which we consider offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to Langton Homes Ltd websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour Langton Homes Ltd may remove that content and/or block access.
Where Langton Homes Ltd considers that you may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, Langton Homes Ltd may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. Langton Homes Ltd would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including data protection regulations.
10. What if I am a user aged under 18?
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Langton Homes Ltd.
11. How long will Langton Homes Ltd keep my information?
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Langton Homes Ltd.
12. Can I delete my data?
You can request that Langton Homes Ltd delete any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting Langton Homes Ltd by telephone or post with your request.
13. Can I find out what personal information Langton Homes Ltd holds about me?
Under the data protection regulations you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Langton Homes Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
If you are within the UK, please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Langton Homes Ltd. Please note, we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If we feel we need to establish your identity, we may ask for proof of such before providing any personal data.
14. Web browser cookies
a) What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier, that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a "device") web browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser's preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Langton Homes Ltd website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On Langton Homes Ltd websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
c) Langton Homes Ltd cookies and how to reject cookies
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies.
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of some features of Langton Homes Ltd services, and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
d) Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide Langton Homes Ltd with information about your device such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. Where requesting specific service it may be possible for you to choose to provide Langton Homes Ltd with access to your device’s location through the web-browser. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to Langton Homes Ltd and this may be captured by performance cookies.
15. Changes to Langton Homes Ltd’s Privacy and Cookies Policy
16. Contacting Langton Homes Ltd about this Privacy and Cookies Notice
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Notice please contact Langton Homes Ltd by telephone or post.